PUSIGA DISTRICT B.A.C DONATES ASSORTED EQUIPMENT TO WOMEN GROUPS

IMG-20200727-WA0142IMG-20200727-WA0141

The Business Advisory Centre [BAC] of the Pusiga District in the Upper East Region has donated assorted equipment to some 10 women’s groups engaged in various small-scale businesses across the District. Some of these small-scale businesses are into soap making, baking and sheanut oil production among others.
The beneficiary groups were selected for communities including Gareke, C-line, Bengula, Mandago, Kulungugu, Saarewi, Gaani, Buzuri-Dawari. Six of the groups were given soap making machines, two were given sheanut oil production machines and another two groups given baking machines. Other items in the package included hydrometers, caustic soda, baking ovens, bread trays, bread pans, bread table, gas cylinders, weighing scales, flour, margarine, Shea nutcrackers and Shea nut reactors.
Speaking at a brief ceremony held on Monday, 27 July 2020 at the forecourt of the district assembly, the acting head BAC Mr. Yakubu Abdul Rahmani, told the beneficiary women’s groups to acquire more equipment in addition to the ones given them in order to help them increase their production thresholds. He stated that the centre would take 60 percent of the cost of additional equipment that would be bought so as to make their work easy and that, the remaining 40 percent would be handled the groups. He further cautioned all the beneficiary groups to put good use the equipment donated to them.
Meanwhile in his remarks, the District Chief Executive, Hon. Abdulai Zubeiru who witnessed the presentation, tasked all the women’s groups to put the donated equipment to the prescribed use for which they were given to them and to do regular maintenance in order that the equipment do not become obsolete over a short period. He further urged the women to make their services available to the youth in the area who are unemployed while appealing to them not to keep all the skills to themselves but teach others.

BY RAPHAEL AZARE KARIYAMA
DISTRICT INFORMATION OFFICER – PUSIGA

27th July, 2020

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *